Magnificent Black House, White Temple, Blue Temple
BLACK HOUSE, WHITE TEMPLE & BLUE TEMPLE
The Black House (Baan Dam) in Chiang Rai, Thailand, has the dubious honor of being Northern Thailand’s most disturbing attraction. White Temple is a unique temple that stands out through the white color and the use of pieces of glass in the plaster, sparkling in the sun. The Blue Temple of Chiang Rai is not very known among tourist for now because it was completed very recently but no doubt it will become more and more famous and will welcome more and more people in the coming years.
What to Expect from Black House, White Temple, and Blue Temple
Be captivated by the incredible sights of Chiang Rai in this day exploration. Start your day with a relaxing immersion at the Mae Khajan Hot Spring, then head to Wat Rong Khun, the spectacular White Temple known for its hauntingly beautiful blend of cultural and contemporary details. Designed by Thai National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, the temple features an entrance with outstretched hands, Predator jutting from the ground, as well as a number of other pop culture references within the dazzling white structure.
Then head over to the Blue Temple, which is new and relatively undiscovered. The lack of crowds is just an added bonus, though, as the temple boasts a beautiful vibrant blue color. Stop by for a hearty international buffet lunch at Wiang indra Riverside Resort or Lan Mai Hom Restaurant, then head off to the Black House, a museum and also the home of the National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee.
- Booking will be confirmed at least 24 hours before the tour date. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- If the minimum number of travelers is not met, you will be given an option of booking an alternative date or requesting a full refund
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- If you have chosen hotel pick up, the operator will reconfirm the pick up time with you in advance
- Please be at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time
- As this is a shared transfer, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- If you wish to go directly to the meeting point, please refer to the details below
- Please note: Additional surcharges will apply depending on the location. The surcharge is for round trip transfers per car or van, to be paid directly to the driver. The operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance
- Round trip transfers to destinations within a 5km radius of Chiang Mai City are included. All other areas within Chiang Mai city will incur an additional charge of THB200 (please see the map below)
- Hotels located in Chiang Mai South (Hang Daog) will incur an additional charge of THB700-THB2,000 depending on
the distance (please see the map below)
- Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai will incur an additional charge of THB700
- Hotel located in Chiang Mai East will incur an additional charge of THB500-THB1,200 depending on the distance
- Hotels located in Chiang Mai North will incur an additional charge of THB700-THB1,800 depending on the distance
- Location: In front of the Northern Village of Central Plaza Chiangmai Airport. You will see our staff holding Trip Hunters sign at the entrance of Northern Village.
|English / Chinese Guide|
|BLACK HOUSE + WHITE TEMPLE + BLUE TEMPLE||BLACK HOUSE + WHITE TEMPLE + BLUE TEMPLE + LONG NECK KAREN VILLAGE|
|Adult||RM 136||Adult||RM 163|
- See the beautifully eerie and intricate Wat Rong Khun, also known as the White Temple, designed by National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
- Stop by the Black House, a museum and the home of National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee, and see its incredible interiors and bone displays.
- Visit the Blue Temple and marvel at its magnificent blue interior with a large white Buddha.
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch to fuel your journey.
- Choose to visit the Union of Hill Tribe Villages, where
the diversity of hill tribes come together.
Items that not included in this tour
BLACK HOUSE + WHITE TEMPLE + BLUE TEMPLE
- 6:30am-6:40am meet up at the entrance of Central Plaza
Chiang Mai Airport
- 6:40am-7:20am hotel pick up (optional)
- 8:00am Mae Khajan Hot Springs
- 10:00am Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- 11:30am Wat Rong Suea Ten (Blue Temple)
- 12:00pm international buffet lunch at Wiang Indra Riverside Resort or Lan Mai Hom Restaurant
- 1:00pm Black House
- 3:00pm return to Chiang Mai
- 7:00pm-8:00pm drop to the hotel lobby and meet up location
- Time: 15 minutes before start of the tour
- Location: Astoria Boracay beach front, Station 1
- A Trip Hunters representative will be waiting at these meet up locations holding a Trip Hunters placard for 30 minutes before proceeding with the tour
- If you arrive past the waiting time and cannot be contacted, you will be considered a ‘no-show.’ The representative will leave and no refunds will be issued
Pick up details are available on your voucher. Please note: Make sure to select the tour with a pick up service that covers the area of your hotel. Otherwise, surcharges may apply. You will receive a confirmation email with your voucher within 5 minutes after booking
Operator contact details are available on your voucher. You will receive a confirmation email with your voucher within 5 minutes after booking
Yes, you can change your booking details at least 24 hours in advance
Yes, you can cancel your reservation yourself. Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made 24 hours prior to the pick up date